Having a wonderful morning here. The crew is still asleep and I’m playing around with this blog. Yesterday, we had the wife’s family over for our Easter celebration and a good time was had by all.
In my attempts to get the Open Cascade Bottle demo project working, I wound up modifying some shell scripts which in hind-site probably wasn’t the thing to do.
In my experiments, I made so many tweaks its been sort hard to get back to a baseline. For some reason I can neither re-install or un-install the OCC library… So…. time to start from scratch and wipe the drive and re-install Ubuntu. Yecch!!! And to think, I got the wallpaper setup just the way I like it. I’ve done this a couple of times already and it gets more painful each time I do it (since I’m further and further along). I’m thinking this is probably going to me the steps I’m going to need to take.
I guess should figure how to determine current version of ubuntu on my PC
System->Administration->System Monitor tells me that I’m at “7.10”
- Export my Firefox book marks and email them to myself or link them into the website.
- Complete reinstall of Ubuntu Gusty Gibbon 7.10 (although Hardy Heron Ubuntu 8.04 is less than a month away.
- Get my cool back ground back as well a my fungames (Maelstrom,Nibbles and Mines are the ones my 5 year old and I like to play)
- Install gnu C++ compiler (which if I recall is named g++ (go figure)
- Install Anjuta IDE (I’m may rethink this one, this was a major PIA to get installed, and I wasn’t that impressed with the IDE. I’m really used to and spoiled by Microsofts VB6 IDE.
- Download Open cascade
- Install Open cascade.
- Get Drawexe working. (This is the point that this project died). I think the problem is with libTKDraw.so . I found a really good site that dealt with that problem. @#% I know I bookmarked it… I just can find it.
- Get OCC bottle project running.
- Pat self on back.