Ok… One of the distractions I allowed by myself was American Idol. With that show in the off-season on only equivalent form of entertainment is the US elections (albeit with some serious consequences).
I happened have stumbled on Google blog search site and for fun I put in “Palin” as a search criteria. At the top of the list was this fascinating link: http://www.fivethirtyeight.com
I wonder if these guys get into American Idol in their off season..
Enough of that for now…. Back to Qt….
I ran across the official Qt Tutorial Site.
So far I’ve worked my way up to 6) Building Blocks Galore!
There is a lot of stuff going on in this Qt. Very powerful..
So… My game plan at the moment is:
- Work through the Qt tutorial #1(which will give me a basic understanding of Qt)
- Figure out if I need to go through Qt tutorial #2 also….
- Work through the code in Qtopencascade (which hopefully will get me more into OCC finally)
- Mess with around an make my own version of a makebottle.
- Modeling my Ammco Shaper. (perhaps animated)
- Figure out how to make an animated gif of the metal shaper.
- Start researching brep file layouts.
While I feel like I’m progressing in increasing my knowledge base, my progress is far slower than I would like. There is just so much going on in this undertaking of mine that’s totally new for me it makes my brain ache. I guess on the plus side its on way of prevent brain-rot.