Abandoning the Differential Screw Idea.

I think I going to abandon the differential screw Idea for my wedgie printer.    Basically the problem was it was getting too long and it was just had way too many parts needed to get it to work was way more than I wanted to make.   I think this would have just caused problems for me when I would try to integrate this into extruder mount.  a

I woke up this morning with an epiphany on how to reduce the part count.   I still want to be able to make a variable magnetic pull.  If I loose the differential screw, it simplifies things incredibly.  The trade-off is that I loose adjustment resolution.

Anyway, this is where I was at with the differential thread assembly before I decided to kill this.  Left to model:
a cartridge with an internal thread
A thread on the Od of the housing
A threaded cap to retain the cartridge.

Like I said, just way too many pieces.  I did seem like a good idea at the time.  Oh Well, on the plus side, I did get a lot of practice with freecad.







This entry was posted in Wedgie. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *